Monday, December 14, 2009

Quotes from Scottland

"If you plug your ears, close your eyes and run away, you're gonna run into something!"

"I've got your monogamy right here!"
-Percy to Mary Shelley

"Lizzie: Don't tell me you partook of the fruit!
Laura: Well, not really..."
-Goblin Market interpretation

"Top Gun, the horrible Tom Cruise film,..."
-typical relative clausery

"Dr. Who's dealing with the plague and, you know, what are you gonna do?"

"Ever get a fishhook stuck in your skin? There are a number of ways to get it out, and none of them is a good way."

"You can demonstrate this 'pants around your ankles' thing at home."

"I believe in secular forms of redemption."

"Now I'm even more afraid of the dark than I was before!"

"I mean 'literally' in the literal sense of 'literally'."
-on people using 'literally' figuratively

"Don't you be lookin' at me!"
-on the oppressive 'gaze'

"Why would you care? It's intertextuality!"
-on plagiarism

"Whenever I've done anything illegal, that's how I feel."
-on adrenalin rushes

"You've heard of the 1960s British group?"
-on The Beatles

"It's like pushing someone off of a train just to do it....a moving train."

"That's too much fucking perspective!"

1 comment: